- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers
pound uncooked jumbo shrimp
of a fresh pineapple
tablespoons orange marmalade
tablespoon soy sauce
8.8 ounce pouch cooked long grain rice
cup snipped fresh cilantro
- Peel and devein shrimp; thread onto four skewers*. Cut pineapple crosswise into four slices; core, if desired, and cut each slice into quarters to make 16 small wedges. Thread onto four additional skewers. In a small saucepan combine 4 tablespoons of the marmalade, the water, and soy sauce. Brush some of the marmalade-soy sauce mixture onto shrimp and pineapple.
- Place skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until shrimp are opaque and pineapple is heated through. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Return remaining marmalade-soy sauce mixture to saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Heat rice according to package directions. Transfer rice to a serving bowl; stir in remaining 2 tablespoons marmalade and the cilantro.
- Serve skewers with rice and the marmalade-soy sauce mixture.
From the Test Kitchen
Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before threading with food to prevent them from burning on the grill, or use metal skewers.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers)
- Per serving:
- 322 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 172 mg chol.,
- 451 mg sodium,
- 49 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 24 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet