Grilled Salmon with Citrus Sauce
- For the marinade, in a small bowl combine shredded orange peel, the 1/4 cup orange juice, shredded lemon peel, the 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons basil, lemon thyme, 1 tablespoon chives, salt, and pepper. Place salmon in a shallow dish and pour marinade over fish. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- For the sauce, in a small saucepan combine 1/2 cup orange juice, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, and the orange and lemon peel strips. Bring to a boiling; reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half and slightly syrupy. (Sauce can be made up to 1 hour ahead. Cover and chill; reheat before serving.)
- Remove salmon from marinade, reserving marinade. Measure thickness of fish. Brush salmon with olive oil. For a charcoal grill, place fish, skin side up, on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals; grill for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, brushing with reserved marinade and gently turning halfway through grilling. (Discard any remaining marinade.) Use a large spatula to remove fish from grill, leaving skin behind; discard skin. Transfer fish to a serving platter. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place fish on greased grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- To serve, pour sauce over fish. If desired, sprinkle with additional basil and chives and serve with lemon wedges. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To make orange and lemon peel strips, use a vegetable peeler to peel orange and lemon. Use a sharp knife to cut peels into thin strips.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Salmon with Citrus Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 172 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 59 mg chol.,
- 270 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet