- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots or onion
- 2 fresh rainbow trout, pan dressed and boned (8 to 10 ounces each)*
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
1. In a small bowl stir together the butter, lemon peel, and half of the shallots; season with salt and coarsely ground black pepper. Set aside.
2. Rinse fish; pat dry. Spread each fish open. Place fish skin sides down. Rub remaining shallots and the rosemary onto fish; sprinkle with additional salt and pepper and drizzle with lemon juice and oil. Grill fish, skin sides down, on the lightly greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
3. Meanwhile, place tomatoes, cut sides up, on grill rack; dot each with 1/4 teaspoon of the butter mixture. Grill for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are heated through. Remove fish and tomatoes from the grill. Cut each fish in half lengthwise. In a small saucepan melt remaining butter mixture; serve with fish and tomatoes. Sprinkle fish with parsley.
- A pan-dressed fish has has the scales and internal organs removed; often the head, fins, and tail also have been removed. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 206,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 75,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 4,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 24,
- vit. A (RE) 134,
- vit. C (mg) 18,
- sodium (mg) 109,
- calcium (mg) 71,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet