Grilled Peanut Shrimp Skewers
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels.
- For marinade, in a medium bowl use a wire whisk to combine orange marmalade, lime juice, peanut butter, oil, ginger, garlic, cardamom, coriander, cumin, turmeric, and ground red pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade until ready to serve. Add shrimp to the remaining marinade; toss to coat. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. On 4 long metal skewers thread shrimp. Grill shrimp kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 10 to 12 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through grilling. (Or, broil on the unheated rack of a broiler pan about 4 inches from the heat for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once halfway through broiling.)
- To serve, heat the 1/4 cup marinade. Spoon the marinade over shrimp and sprinkle with toasted coconut. If desired, serve over hot rice.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Peanut Shrimp Skewers)
- Per serving:
- 248 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 129 mg chol.,
- 180 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet