Grilled Chile-Lime Shrimp
- Preheat grill to medium-high. In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except shrimp and stir well. Peel shrimp except for tail, and devein. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place shrimp in large resealable bag. Add marinade. Through bag, rub marinade into shrimp. Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes. Halfway through, turn bag and give shrimp another marinade massage. (Do not marinate longer then 20 minutes, or the acidic lime juice will cook the shrimp.
- Place shrimp on cutting board and nestle them together in groups of six. Using two bamboo sewers for each group, skewer the shrimp together (this is nice for presentation, keeps shrimp from falling into the grill, and makes them easier to turn).
- Grill shrimp on an oiled grill rack 2 minutes per side, or until opaque. Serve with Toasted Couscous with Grilled Mango and Zucchini, see recipe. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Because hot chile peppers, such as jalapenos, contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with chiles as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chile peppers, wash your hands well with soap and water.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Chile-Lime Shrimp)
- Per serving:
- 211 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 259 mg chol.,
- 320 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet