- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh or frozen large shrimp in shells
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh ginger or 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 of a fresh pineapple, cut into wedges
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. For sauce, in a medium bowl stir together barbecue sauce, pineapple juice, oil, and ginger. Set aside.
2. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Thread shrimp onto 6 long skewers; brush with sauce. Grill shrimp on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes or until opaque, turning once halfway through grilling time and brushing with sauce the last 2 minutes of grilling.
3. Thread pineapple wedges onto 3 long skewers. Add pineapple skewers to the grill for the last 5 minutes of cooking, turning once and brushing with sauce halfway through grilling time.
4. Heat remaining sauce to boiling; serve it with shrimp and pineapple for dipping. Store remaining sauce, covered, in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 180,
- Fat, total (g) 2,
- chol. (mg) 116,
- carb. (g) 26,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 14,
- vit. A (RE) 124,
- vit. C (mg) 102,
- sodium (mg) 478,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet