Ginger-Glazed Shrimp Kabobs
pounds fresh or frozen large shrimp in shells
cup bottled barbecue sauce
cup unsweetened pineapple juice
tablespoons cooking oil
of a fresh pineapple, cut into wedges
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. For sauce, in a medium bowl stir together barbecue sauce, pineapple juice, oil, and ginger. Set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Thread shrimp onto 6 long skewers; brush with sauce. Grill shrimp on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes or until opaque, turning once halfway through grilling time and brushing with sauce the last 2 minutes of grilling.
- Thread pineapple wedges onto 3 long skewers. Add pineapple skewers to the grill for the last 5 minutes of cooking, turning once and brushing with sauce halfway through grilling time.
- Heat remaining sauce to boiling; serve it with shrimp and pineapple for dipping. Store remaining sauce, covered, in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Ginger-Glazed Shrimp Kabobs)
- Per serving:
- 180 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- 116 mg chol.,
- 478 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 14 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet