- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas or corn taco shells
- 1 pound fresh or frozen skinless fish fillets, about 1/2 inch thick (such as tilapia)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 2 cups Melon Salsa (see recipe)
- Lime wedges
- Mild chili powder (optional)
1. Thaw fish, if frozen. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Stack corn tortillas and wrap in foil. Bake about 10 minutes or until heated through.
2. Meanwhile, rinse fish; pat dry. Grease a shallow baking pan. Place fish in a single layer in the pan. Combine olive oil, chili powder, salt, cumin, and garlic powder; brush oil on fish. Bake for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.
3. Divide fish in 12 portions. Spoon lettuce and radishes into tortillas then add fish portions. Serve tacos with Melon Salsa and lime wedges. Sprinkle with mild chili powder.
- If the fish is ready before the tortillas are heated, loosely cover the fish (in the baking pan) with foil to keep them warm.
- Prepare the salsa first, before baking the fish. Store it in the fridge until it's time to serve the tacos.
Yield: 4 cups
- 2 cups cubed seedless cantaloupe, honeydew, and/or watermelon melon
- 1 cup chopped, seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped orange or yellow sweet pepper
- 1 ear fresh sweet corn, cut from the cob or 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (Juice from 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon honey or packed brown sugar
1. In a medium bowl combine melon, cucumber, sweet pepper, corn, cilantro, and onion. In a small bowl whisk together lime juice and honey. Combine juice with watermelon mixture. Serve the salsa immediately or cover and refrigerate it up to 24 hours before serving.
- For the best watermelon flavor, select ripe melons that feel heavy for their size and that are firm to the touch. Once you cut open a melon, cover it and store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 260,
- Fat, total (g) 8,
- chol. (mg) 38,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 31,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 4,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 2,
- fiber (g) 5,
- sugar (g) 5,
- pro. (g) 19,
- vit. A (IU) 2601,
- vit. C (mg) 29,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 4,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 65,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 179,
- Potassium (mg) 552,
- calcium (mg) 71,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet