Fish Fillets with Baby Spinach, Red Pepper, and Onion Wedges
cups chopped baby spinach
teaspoon olive oil or cooking oil
medium onion, cut in thin wedges
tablespoons red jalapeno jelly
small red or yellow sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
pound mahimahi or cod fillets, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil
tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Place baby spinach in a large bowl; set aside. In a large skillet cook onion in 1 teaspoon hot oil over medium heat until tender and slightly golden, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the jalapeno jelly. Add sweet pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Stir onion mixture into spinach; cover and set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- Meanwhile, cut fish into 4 serving-sized pieces. Sprinkle fish with the salt and pepper. In the same large skillet heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add fish and cook 2 minutes on each side to sear. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes more or until fish just flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer fish to serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining jalapeno jelly to skillet. Cook and stir until melted; spoon over fish.
- Just before serving, toss spinach mixture with the vinegar. Serve spinach mixture with fish. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Fish Fillets with Baby Spinach, Red Pepper, and Onion Wedges)
- Per serving:
- 241 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 83 mg chol.,
- 275 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet