- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, cut in thin wedges
- 4 tablespoons red jalapeno jelly
- 1 small red or yellow sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 pound mahimahi or cod fillets, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Place baby spinach in a large bowl; set aside. In a large skillet cook onion in 1 teaspoon hot oil over medium heat until tender and slightly golden, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the jalapeno jelly. Add sweet pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Stir onion mixture into spinach; cover and set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
2. Meanwhile, cut fish into 4 serving-sized pieces. Sprinkle fish with the salt and pepper. In the same large skillet heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add fish and cook 2 minutes on each side to sear. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes more or until fish just flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer fish to serving platter; cover to keep warm.
3. Add remaining jalapeno jelly to skillet. Cook and stir until melted; spoon over fish.
4. Just before serving, toss spinach mixture with the vinegar. Serve spinach mixture with fish. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 241,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 83,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 18,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 22,
- vit. A (IU) 3110,
- vit. C (mg) 39,
- sodium (mg) 275,
- calcium (mg) 50,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet