Fish Fillets with Baby Spinach, Red Pepper, and Onion Wedges
- Place baby spinach in a large bowl; set aside. In a large skillet cook onion in 1 teaspoon hot oil over medium heat until tender and slightly golden, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the jalapeno jelly. Add sweet pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Stir onion mixture into spinach; cover and set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- Meanwhile, cut fish into 4 serving-sized pieces. Sprinkle fish with the salt and pepper. In the same large skillet heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add fish and cook 2 minutes on each side to sear. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes more or until fish just flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer fish to serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining jalapeno jelly to skillet. Cook and stir until melted; spoon over fish.
- Just before serving, toss spinach mixture with the vinegar. Serve spinach mixture with fish. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Fish Fillets with Baby Spinach, Red Pepper, and Onion Wedges)
- Per serving:
- 241 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 83 mg chol.,
- 275 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet