Devils on Horseback
large shrimp (approximately 2 pounds - with shells), shelled and deveined
cup dry white wine
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
teaspoons prepared garlic chili sauce
strips bacon, quartered (in half lengthwise and then again cross), flattened with the back of a knife to prevent curling
tablespoons lemon juice
tablespoon prepared chili garlic sauce
green onion, finely chopped (both white and green parts)
- Combine shrimp, wine, lemon peel, 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce, and salt in non-reactive dish. Marinate for 15 minutes. Remove shrimp and drain on paper towels; discard marinade. Wrap each shrimp in a piece of bacon, securing bacon by skewering shrimp with wooden toothpick (neck to tail in a half-moon).
- Preheat broiler. (Position oven rack so the food will be 3 to 4 inches from the heat.) Place shrimp in a single layer on an unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil, turning twice, until shrimp are opaque and bacon is cooked through and crisp (7 to 9 minutes total).
- For Remoulade, stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon prepared chili garlic sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, and green onions. Cover and chill until serving time.
- If desired, thread broiled shrimp onto fondue forks or 8 to 10-inch wooden skewers. Serve shrimp with sauce. Makes 48 shrimp (12 to 16 servings).
Nutrition Facts(Devils on Horseback)
- Per serving:
- 45 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 24 mg chol.,
- 134 mg sodium,
- 0 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 0 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet