- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
Crispy Fish and Peppers
pound fresh or frozen (thawed) small fish fillets (such as grouper, catfish, or tilapia)
teaspoon Cajun seasoning
tablespoons vegetable oil
cup sliced and/or chopped miniature sweet peppers
lemon, cut up
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together buttermilk, egg, and Cajun seasoning. Place flour in another shallow dish. Dip fish in buttermilk and flour. Repeat to coat fish twice.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully add fish to hot oil (working in batches, if necessary). Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Add more oil, if needed. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain oil from skillet; wipe clean with paper towel. Add peppers to skillet and cook 2 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Serve fish with peppers and lemon. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Crispy Fish and Peppers)
- Per serving:
- 251 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 97 mg chol.,
- 188 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet