Crispy Almond Fish
A light, yet flavorful coating of heart-healthy almonds keeps this breaded fish dinner low in calories.
- Makes: 2 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 4 mins to 6 mins 450°F per 1/2 inch thickness of fish
Crispy Almond Fish
Nonstick cooking spray
ounces fresh or frozen skinless cod fish fillets
egg white, lightly beaten
tablespoon fat-free milk
tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
tablespoons finely chopped almonds
teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick coating; set aside. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into two serving-size pieces, if necessary. Measure thickness of fish.
- Place flour in a shallow dish or small bowl. In a second shallow dish whisk together egg white and milk. In a third shallow dish combine bread crumbs, almonds, and thyme. Coat both sides of fillets with flour. Dip fillets in the egg mixture; dip in bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Place fish in prepared pan. Drizzle with oil. Bake until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork (allow 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish).
Nutrition Facts (Crispy Almond Fish)
- Per serving:
- 252 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 49 mg chol.,
- 142 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBreakfast and Brunch Fish and Seafood Recipes, Diabetic Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Fish and Seafood Recipes, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Shellfish Recipes