Crisp Catfish with Apple-Celery Slaw
- Cut one lemon half into slices or wedges; set aside. Juice the remaining lemon half into a large bowl. For slaw, combine mayonnaise and honey with juice; reserve 2 tablespoons juice mixture. Stir celery, apple, and cabbage into juice mixture in bowl; set aside.
- Sprinkle catfish fillets with salt and brush with reserved juice mixture. In a shallow dish combine cornmeal and chili powder; coat fish with mixture.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook fish in hot oil 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve fish with slaw and the lemon slices or wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Crisp Catfish with Apple-Celery Slaw)
- Per serving:
- 446 kcal cal.,
- 31 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 12 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 60 mg chol.,
- 488 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet