Creole Crab Cakes
Ground red pepper gives these appetizer crab cakes a bit of kick.
- Yields: 4 main course or 8 appetizer servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 4 mins
Creole Crab Cakes
stalk celery, finely chopped
small onion, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
tablespoon olive oil
cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
teaspoon dry mustard
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon onion powder
teaspoon ground red pepper
cups soft French bread crumbs
ounces fresh cooked crab meat or canned crab meat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed (about 1 1/2 cups)
tablespoons finely chopped red sweet pepper
tablespoons olive oil
Purchased tartar sauce
tablespoons finely chopped green sweet pepper
- Cook celery and onion in the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet until tender; cool slightly.
- Combine egg, mayonnaise or salad dressing, dry mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground red pepper in a mixing bowl. Add celery mixture, bread crumbs, crab meat, and the red and green sweet pepper. Mix well. Shape into 12 cakes.
- Cook the crab cakes in the 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with tartar sauce. Makes 8 appetizer servings or 4 main course servings.
Nutrition Facts (Creole Crab Cakes)
- Per serving:
- 101 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 43 mg chol.,
- 136 mg sodium,
- 3 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesAppetizers, Breakfast and Brunch Fish and Seafood Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Easy Appetizers, Fish and Seafood Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Party Appetizers, Party Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Shellfish Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes