Crab and Asparagus Casseroles
10 ounce package frozen cut asparagus
cup sliced fresh mushrooms
cup finely chopped onion
teaspoon ground nutmeg
dash of pepper
cup skim milk
ounces fresh or frozen crabmeat, drained, or frozen crab-flavored, crab-leg-shaped fish pieces, cut into 1-inch pieces
tablespoons chopped toasted almonds
tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook asparagus according to package directions; drain well. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan cook mushrooms and onion in margarine until onion is tender but not brown. Stir in cornstarch, salt, nutmeg, and pepper. Stir in milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in crab and asparagus.
- Spoon mixture into four individual casseroles.
- In a small bowl stir together almonds and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle atop casseroles.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until mixture is heated through and cheese is browned. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Crab and Asparagus Casseroles)
- Per serving:
- 170 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- 27 mg chol.,
- 728 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet