Cornmeal-Crusted Catfish Rolls
pounds catfish fillets
teaspoons Cajun or blackening seasoning
cup vegetable oil
baby sweet peppers or 1/4 of a large sweet pepper
of a small red or sweet onion (optional)
teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
cocktail-size rolls, split and toasted
- Rinse fish; pat dry. Cut in 8 pieces. In shallow dish combine cornmeal and 1-1/2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning; coat fish with cornmeal mixture.
- In 12-inch skillet cook fish in hot oil over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and fish flakes when tested with fork.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice peppers, celery, and onion and combine in medium bowl. In small bowl combine mayonnaise, ketchup, remaining 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, and hot pepper sauce. Add 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture to pepper-celery mixture. Spread some of remaining mayonnaise mixture on cut sides of rolls. Place catfish pieces on roll bottoms. Top with celery mixture and roll tops. Pass any remaining mayonnaise mixture. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Cornmeal-Crusted Catfish Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 636 kcal cal.,
- 38 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 17 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 88 mg chol.,
- 638 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet