- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
- Bake: 8 mins to 10 mins 425°F
Coconut Shrimp with Mango Sauce
mangoes, halved, seeded, peeled and chopped
teaspoon cayenne pepper
Snipped fresh cilantro
ounces fresh or thawed frozen peeled and deveined large shrimp
cup unsweetened flaked coconut (4 ounces)
Lime wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Finely shred 1 teaspoon peel from lime; set aside. Squeeze juice from lime. In a blender combine lime juice, 1 cup of the chopped mangoes, the honey, and cayenne pepper; cover and process until smooth. Place 1/4 cup of the mango mixture in a shallow dish. Transfer remaining mixture to a bowl; top with lime peel and snipped fresh cilantro. Set aside for dipping sauce.
- Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle shrimp with salt. Place coconut in shallow dish. Dip shrimp in the 1/4 cup mango sauce and then in coconut, pressing to coat. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until coconut is golden and shrimp are cooked through. Serve with dipping sauce, remaining chopped mango, additional cilantro, and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Coconut Shrimp with Mango Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 414 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 129 mg chol.,
- 285 mg sodium,
- 44 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 35 g sugar,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBreakfast and Brunch Fish and Seafood Recipes, Coconut Cakes, Coconut Pies, Dinner Recipes, Fish and Seafood Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Salad Dressing Recipes, Shellfish Recipes