Baked Coconut Shrimp with Curried Apricot Sauce
fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp in shells
cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
tablespoons apricot preserves
teaspoon curry powder
tablespoons cooking oil
cups shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted
egg whites, slightly beaten
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, apricot preserves, and curry powder. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Spread the oil on the bottom of a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set pan aside. In a large shallow dish combine coconut, cornstarch, sugar, and salt. In another small shallow dish place the egg whites. Dip shrimp into the egg whites; coat shrimp with coconut mixture, pressing the mixture firmly onto the shrimp. Arrange shrimp in prepared pan. Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 10 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and coconut is golden, turning once. Serve with sauce.
- Makes 6 (4 shrimp) servings.
Nutrition Facts(Baked Coconut Shrimp with Curried Apricot Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 545 kcal cal.,
- 42 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 16 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 172 mg chol.,
- 585 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet