Asian Spring Rolls
8 inches round spring roll wrappers
ounces fresh or frozen cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp, coarsely chopped (1-1/3 cups)
small head Bibb lettuce, cored and shredded (2 cups)
cup shredded carrots (2 medium)
cup sliced green onions (2)
tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
tablespoons purchased peanut dipping sauce
tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- Place some warm water in a shallow dish. Dip each spring roll wrapper in warm water; place between damp paper towels for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large bowl combine shrimp, lettuce, carrots, green onions, and cilantro. Add 2 tablespoons of the peanut dipping sauce and 1 tablespoon of the rice vinegar. Toss to coat.
- For the dipping sauce, in a small bowl stir together the remaining 3 tablespoons peanut sauce and 1 tablespoon rice vinegar; set aside.
- Place about 1/2 cup of the filling about 1/2 inch from the bottom edge of 1 of the moistened spring roll wrappers. Fold the bottom edge of the wrapper over the filling. Fold in sides. Roll up. Repeat with remaining filling and spring roll wrappers. Cut in half; serve with dipping sauce. Makes 4 servings (8 rolls).
Nutrition Facts(Asian Spring Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 214 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 111 mg chol.,
- 524 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet