Asian Salmon with Oven-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Peel sweet potatoes. Cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks. In a large bowl combine potatoes, cooking oil, and 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place sweet potatoes in a large roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 1-quart saucepan stir together the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil, the teriyaki sauce, garlic, apricot preserves, dry sherry, ginger, mustard, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Reserve 1/4 cup sauce.
- Push sweet potatoes to the edges of the roasting pan; place salmon filet in center. Spoon remaining sauce over salmon and potatoes.
- Roast, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Carefully transfer fish and potatoes to a serving platter. Drizzle with reserved sauce. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Asian Salmon with Oven-Roasted Sweet Potatoes)
- Per serving:
- 470 kcal cal.,
- 22 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 77 mg chol.,
- 500 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet