Asian Grilled Salmon Salad
6 ounces salmon fillets or steaks, cut 1 inch thick
tablespoon garlic-flavored oil or olive oil
teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
head Bibb lettuce, separated into leaves
medium tomato, cut into thin wedges
cup enoki mushrooms (2 ounces)
pound fresh asparagus spears
recipe Asian Dressing (see recipe below)
- Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. Rinse fish; pat dry.
- Brush asparagus spears and both sides of salmon lightly with oil. Press fennel seed onto both sides of salmon.
- Place salmon on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Place asparagus on a piece of heavy foil on grill rack next to salmon. Grill for 8 to 12 minutes or until asparagus is tender and the fish begins to flake easily, turning once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, line 4 plates with lettuce leaves. Place salmon atop greens. Arrange asparagus, tomato wedges, and enoki mushrooms around salmon. Drizzle with Asian Dressing. Makes 4 servings.
tablespoon salad oil
tablespoon rice vinegar
tablespoon soy sauce
teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- In a screw-top jar combine salad oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, sugar, and grated gingerroot or pickled ginger. Cover and shake well.
Nutrition Facts(Asian Grilled Salmon Salad)
- Per serving:
- 255 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 31 mg chol.,
- 368 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet