Sausage Links with Pineapple
- To poach sausages, in a 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven over medium heat, stir together the wine or water, the 2 cups water, sugar, salt, and peppercorns. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat to keep liquid barely simmering; cook for 5 minutes. Add sausage links and cook, partially covered, for 10 minutes. Use a flat spatula to carefully remove sausages without piercing casings; set sausages aside.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add poached sausages. Slowly brown on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Carefully add pineapple juice to skillet (juices may spatter slightly). Increase heat to high. Cook, rolling sausages in skillet, until juice is thickened and sausages are well glazed. Transfer browned and glazed sausages to a warm platter.
- Add pineapple to skillet in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt. Aleppo pepper, and brown sugar. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, turning to coat and brown, until pineapple is hot and caramelized. Serve immediately with warm glazed sausages.
From the Test Kitchen
If sausage spatters, partially cover the skillet.
Nutrition Facts (Sausage Links with Pineapple)
- Per serving:
- 469 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 61 mg chol.,
- 820 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 20 g sugar,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet