Sausage and Sweet Pepper Hash
- In a large nonstick skillet cook sausage over medium heat about 5 minutes or just until browned. Remove from skillet. In the same skillet heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion; cook about 5 minutes or until tender and just starting to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Coat the bottom of a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray or line the cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. In the prepared cooker combine sausage, onion, potatoes, thyme, and black pepper. Pour broth over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir in sweet peppers. If desired, sprinkle with cheese.
- If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting. Cover and cook for 15 minutes more. Before serving, sprinkle with tarragon. Use a slotted spoon for serving.
Nutrition Facts (Sausage and Sweet Pepper Hash)
- Per serving:
- 131 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 24 mg chol.,
- 220 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Jenn Cunningham 509 Days Ago
It sounds like a tasty recipe but I take issue with the assessment that it can be left to cook overnight since the max time at low temp is 5-6 hours. People are supposed to sleep 8 hours.