Saucy Pot Roast with Whole Wheat Noodles
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook meat in hot oil until brown on all sides. Drain off fat.
- In the cooker combine carrots, sliced celery, onion, and garlic. Sprinkle with tapioca. Place meat on top of vegetable mixture. In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-setting for 4 to 5 hours. Remove bay leaf.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove meat from cooker. Thinly slice meat. Skim fat from tomato mixture. Serve meat and tomato mixture with hot cooked noodles. If desired, garnish with celery leaves.
Nutrition Facts (Saucy Pot Roast with Whole Wheat Noodles)
- Per serving:
- 569 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 127 mg chol.,
- 693 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet