- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 7 ounce jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. In a blender container or food processor bowl place sweet red peppers, tomato paste, sugar, thyme, salt, garlic powder, and ground red pepper. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Serve with crackers or toasted baguette slices.
- You will need a 1-cup glass jar; paintbrush; glass paints in black, white, purple, yellow, red, and light aqua. Wash and dry the jar. Avoid touching the areas to be painted. Paint the lid black. Paint random black squares on the jar, each approximately 1 inch square. Let the paint dry. Mix a small amount of white with the purple paint to lighten it. Paint a large swirl on the jar lid. Paint small swirls over the squares on the jar using light purple, yellow, red, and light aqua. Let the paint dry. Bake the painted glassware in the oven if instructed by the paint manufacturer. Let cool.
- Use a silver metallic permanent marking pen to write "Red Pepper Spread" around the edge of the jar lid.
- Servings Per Recipe 48,
- cal. (kcal) 7,
- carb. (g) 2,
- vit. C (mg) 34,
- sodium (mg) 50,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet