- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage or bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery (1 stalk)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 28 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 6 cups hot cooked spaghetti or fettuccine (12 ounces uncooked)
1. In a 4- or 6-quart pressure cooker cook beef and sausage until brown. Remove meat. Drain off fat.
2. Return meat to the cooker and add the mushrooms, onion, celery, garlic, parsley, sugar, oregano, crushed red pepper, bay leaves, stewed tomatoes, and tomato paste.
3. Lock lid in place. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe (if you have a first generation cooker). Over high heat, bring cooker up to pressure. Reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure and pressure regulator rocks gently; cook for 10 minutes.
4. Quick-release the pressure. Carefully remove lid.
5. Remove bay leaves. Serve over spaghetti. Makes 6 main-dish servings (6 cups sauce).
- Prepare sauce. Cool, cover, and chill up to 24 hours. Reheat on rangetop before serving. Or, transfer to 1-1/2- to 2-quart freezer container. Seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in refrigerator and reheat.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 475,
- Fat, total (g) 13,
- chol. (mg) 45,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 65,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 24,
- vit. A (RE) 144,
- vit. C (mg) 28,
- sodium (mg) 727,
- calcium (mg) 50,
- iron (mg) 6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet