Peppery Peach Sauce
- Wash fresh peaches, if using. Peel and pit peaches. Place half of the fresh or frozen peaches in a food processor bowl or blender container. Cover and process or blend until peaches are very finely chopped. Transfer chopped peaches to a 6-quart Dutch oven or kettle. Repeat with remaining peaches. (You should have 5 cups pureed peaches.)
- Add sugar, nectar, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, chili pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to Dutch oven. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in berries.
- Process sauce in standard canning jars following directions below, or ladle into decorative jars and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week before using.
- To process the sauce, immediately ladle hot sauce into hot, clean half-pint canning jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe rims and adjust lids. Process jars in a boiling water canner 15 minutes (start timing when water begins to boil). Remove jars from canner; cook on racks. Stir sauce before serving. Makes 8 half-pint jars.
Nutrition Facts (Peppery Peach Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 147 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 18 mg chol.,
- 124 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet