- Makes: 24 servings
- Serving Size: 1 per tablespoon
- Yields: 1-1/2 cups
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
tablespoons sliced green onion
clove garlic, minced
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or beef broth
tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoons chili powder
teaspoon brown sugar
cup peanut butter
Purchased unsweetened coconut milk (optional)
- In a small saucepan cook green onion and garlic in the broth, covered, about 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Add soy sauce, lemon peel, lemon juice, chili powder, and brown sugar. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer sauce, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring the mixture frequently. Stir in the peanut butter and the gingerroot or ginger; let mixture heat gently through, without boiling.
- Thin sauce with a little unsweetened coconut milk, if desired. Serve at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate the peanut sauce to store. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Peanut Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 35 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 90 mg sodium,
- 2 g carb.,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet