The rich flavors in this simple, yet delicious, pasta sauce meld together as it simmers.
0 did it
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 1 hr
- In 4-quart Dutch oven cook onion, garlic, carrot, and celery in hot oil for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, wine, parsley, basil, Italian seasoning, sugar, crushed red pepper (if desired), and bay leaves.
- Bring sauce to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 45 to 60 minutes or until desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Remove and discard bay leaves. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, prepare Handmade Italian Meatballs. Serve sauce with meatballs over spaghetti. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Mama's Marinara)
- Per serving:
- 669 kcal cal.,
- 29 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 109 mg chol.,
- 1537 mg sodium,
- 60 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet