- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup cranberries
- 3/4 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
1. In a medium saucepan combine cranberry juice, cranberries, corn syrup, and sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Boil 30 to 40 minutes or until reduced to 2-1/2 cups.
2. Pour syrup through a small-mesh strainer or a strainer lined with 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Discard cranberries. Cover and store syrup in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- You will need plastic gloves, paintbrush, etching cream, clear glass bottle, white paint pen, white cloth, and gold cord. Put on the gloves to protect your hands. Using the paintbrush, paint etching cream in a band around the bottom of the bottle, following the etching cream manufacturer's instructions. Let the bottle dry after washing off the cream. Add random dots with the paint pen to unetched area of the bottle. Let dry. Pour Cranberry Syrup into bottle. Replace cap. Fold square of white cloth over top of bottle; secure with gold cord.
- To achieve an etched effect, use frosted spray paint, masking off areas you want to remain clear.
- Servings Per Recipe 32,
- cal. (kcal) 40,
- carb. (g) 11,
- vit. C (mg) 7,
- sodium (mg) 10,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet