- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups cranberries (8 ounces)
- 1 cup finely chopped, peeled cooking apple
1. Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil rapidly for 5 minutes. Add cranberries and apple. Return to boiling.
2. Reduce heat; boil gently for 3 to 4 minutes or until cranberry skins pop, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool. Cover and chill at least 3 hours. Serve chilled with beef, pork, or poultry. Makes eight 1/4-cup servings.
- Up to five days ahead prepare and refrigerate sauce.