- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 10 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or reserved cooking iiquid from Shredded Chicken Filling
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chile peppers
- 1/2 cup cheese (your choice), shredded
1. In a medium bowl, combine canned enchilada sauce and chicken broth. Stir in green chile peppers.
2. Spread about 1/2 cup of the sauce in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Add filled enchiladas and top with the remaining sauce. Cover and bake as directed. Sprinkle enchiladas with desired cheese and bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted or until Cotija cheese, if using, is softened and lightly brown.
- Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.