- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 12 ounce package fresh or frozen cranberries (3 cups)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped candied orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1. In a medium saucepan, cook and stir ginger in hot butter over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add cranberries, sugar, orange juice, candied orange peel, and allspice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 4 minutes or until cranberries burst and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
2. Transfer cranberry mixture to a glass bowl. Cover and chill for 4 hours. (Sauce continues to thicken during chilling.) Before serving, let stand at room temperature about 30 minutes. Makes about 2-1/2 cups.
- Prepare sauce as directed. Cool. Transfer mixture to an airtight container. Cover and chill for up to 3 days. Serve as above.