Big-Batch Puttanesca Sauce
28 ounce can diced tomatoes
6 ounce can (1/3 cup) tomato paste
large onion, chopped
cloves garlic, minced
cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
cup snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
tablespoons capers, drained
tablespoon anchovy paste
teaspoon cayenne pepper
pound fresh or frozen cooked shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
Hot cooked pasta or rice
Shaved Parmesan cheese
- In 4- to 6-quart slow cooker stir together undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, garlic, chopped olives, snipped parsley, capers, anchovy paste, basil, cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting 8 to 10 hours or high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove half of sauce (about 5-1/2 cups). Set aside for additional meals.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Add shrimp and halved olives to sauce in cooker. Cover and cook 5 minutes more or until heated through. Serve over hot cooked pasta or rice. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan cheese. Makes 6 servings plus 5-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts(Big-Batch Puttanesca Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 257 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 94 mg chol.,
- 874 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet