Big-Batch Puttanesca Sauce
- In 4- to 6-quart slow cooker stir together undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, garlic, chopped olives, snipped parsley, capers, anchovy paste, basil, cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting 8 to 10 hours or high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove half of sauce (about 5-1/2 cups). Set aside for additional meals.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Add shrimp and halved olives to sauce in cooker. Cover and cook 5 minutes more or until heated through. Serve over hot cooked pasta or rice. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan cheese. Makes 6 servings plus 5-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Big-Batch Puttanesca Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 257 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 94 mg chol.,
- 874 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet