- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 medium red, green, and/or yellow sweet peppers, cut into strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery (2 stalks)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 8 pork loin chops (with bone), cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce*
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1. In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker layer sweet peppers, celery, and onion; set aside. Season chops with garlic salt and black pepper. In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook chops, half at a time, until brown on both sides. Add chops to cooker. In a small bowl combine broth, orange juice, chipotle peppers, and oregano. Pour over chops in cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
3. Using a slotted spoon transfer chops and vegetables to a serving platter; discard cooking liquid.
- Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 215,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 78,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 4,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 33,
- sodium (mg) 363,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet