White Bean Burgers with Spinach
- In a medium bowl mash beans with a fork or potato masher. Stir in half of the bread crumbs, the carrot, onion, egg, half of the parsley, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Combine remaining bread crumbs and parsley in a shallow dish.
- Shape bean mixture into 4 patties (mixture will be soft). Dip both sides of patties into bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add patties. Cook for 4 minutes per side or until well browned.
- Arrange spinach and patties on bread slices. Top with Easy Tomato Sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Easy Tomato Sauce
- Place tomatoes in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process to desired consistency. Pour into a bowl and stir in snipped fresh basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts (White Bean Burgers with Spinach)
- Per serving:
- 353 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 53 mg chol.,
- 873 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet