- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 8 mins to 10 mins
White Bean Burgers with Spinach
15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
cups soft bread crumbs
cup shredded carrot
cup finely chopped onion
tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
tablespoons olive oil
slices country Italian bread, toasted
cup packed fresh baby spinach
cup Easy Tomato Sauce (recipe below)
- In a medium bowl mash beans with a fork or potato masher. Stir in half of the bread crumbs, the carrot, onion, egg, half of the parsley, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Combine remaining bread crumbs and parsley in a shallow dish.
- Shape bean mixture into 4 patties (mixture will be soft). Dip both sides of patties into bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add patties. Cook for 4 minutes per side or until well browned.
- Arrange spinach and patties on bread slices. Top with Easy Tomato Sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Easy Tomato Sauce
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
tablespoons snipped fresh basil
Ground black pepper
- Place tomatoes in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process to desired consistency. Pour into a bowl and stir in snipped fresh basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts (White Bean Burgers with Spinach)
- Per serving:
- 353 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 53 mg chol.,
- 873 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBread Recipes, Burger Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Grilled Burger Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Salad Dressing Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes