Turkey and Black Bean Chimichangas
Nonstick cooking spray
10 inches whole wheat, low-carb, flour tortillas
ounces uncooked ground turkey breast
cup chopped onion
15 ounce can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained or 1-3/4 cup cooked black beans
14 1/2 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
cup bottled salsa
cup snipped fresh cilantro
tablespoon lime juice
teaspoon ground cumin
cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
Light dairy sour cream and/or fresh cilantro sprigs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Wrap the tortillas in foil. Heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook turkey and onion until turkey is no longer pink and onion is softened. Add black beans. Using a fork or potato masher, mash beans slightly. Stir in tomato, salsa, 1/4 cup cilantro, lime juice, and cumin. Heat through.
- To assemble, spoon about 1/2 cup of the filling onto each tortilla, spooning filling just below the center. Fold bottom edge of each tortilla up and over filling. Fold opposite sides in and over filling. Roll up from the bottom. If necessary, secure rolled tortillas with wooden toothpicks. Place filled tortillas on prepared baking sheet, seam sides down. Lightly coat top and sides of the filled tortillas with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown. Sprinkle chimichangas with cheese and, if desired, sour cream and/or cilantro sprigs.
Nutrition Facts(Turkey and Black Bean Chimichangas)
- Per serving:
- 206 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 25 mg chol.,
- 424 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 18 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet