Smoked Chicken and Prosciutto Panini
cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
cup bottled roasted red sweet pepper, drained and patted dry with paper towels
clove garlic, quartered
soft French or sourdough rolls (about 7x3 inches)
ounces thinly sliced smoked chicken or smoked turkey
ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
ounces sliced provolone or mozzarella cheese
cup mesclun or baby lettuce
- In a food processor or blender, combine mayonnaise, red pepper, and garlic. Blend or process until mixture is almost smooth.
- Preheat an electric sandwich press, a covered indoor grill, a grill pan, or a skillet. To assemble sandwiches, split each roll in half horizontally; spread cut sides of rolls with the mayonnaise mixture. Layer chicken, prosciutto, cheese, and mesclun on bottom halves of rolls. Replace top halves of rolls.
- Place sandwiches (half at a time, if necessary) in the sandwich press or indoor grill; cover and cook about 6 minutes or until cheese melts and rolls are toasted. (If using a grill pan or skillet, place sandwiches on grill pan. Weight sandwiches down and grill about 2 minutes or until rolls are lightly toasted. Turn sandwiches over, weight down, and grill until remaining side is lightly toasted.) Makes 4 sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts(Smoked Chicken and Prosciutto Panini)
- Per serving:
- 842 kcal cal.,
- 49 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat,
- 14 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 111 mg chol.,
- 2465 mg sodium,
- 59 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 38 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet