Smoked Chicken and Prosciutto Panini
- In a food processor or blender, combine mayonnaise, red pepper, and garlic. Blend or process until mixture is almost smooth.
- Preheat an electric sandwich press, a covered indoor grill, a grill pan, or a skillet. To assemble sandwiches, split each roll in half horizontally; spread cut sides of rolls with the mayonnaise mixture. Layer chicken, prosciutto, cheese, and mesclun on bottom halves of rolls. Replace top halves of rolls.
- Place sandwiches (half at a time, if necessary) in the sandwich press or indoor grill; cover and cook about 6 minutes or until cheese melts and rolls are toasted. (If using a grill pan or skillet, place sandwiches on grill pan. Weight sandwiches down and grill about 2 minutes or until rolls are lightly toasted. Turn sandwiches over, weight down, and grill until remaining side is lightly toasted.) Makes 4 sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts (Smoked Chicken and Prosciutto Panini)
- Per serving:
- 842 kcal cal.,
- 49 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat,
- 14 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 111 mg chol.,
- 2465 mg sodium,
- 59 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 38 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet