Sizzling Vegetable Sandwiches
- Brush the vegetables with some of the olive oil. Place onion slices on a long metal skewer. Grill onion on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 5 minutes. Add remaining vegetables and grill for 12 to 15 minutes more or until vegetables are tender, turning once.* (If some vegetables cook more quickly than others, remove and keep warm.) Brush split sides of rolls with remaining olive oil. Grill rolls, split sides down, about 1 minute or until toasted.
- To serve, layer the vegetables atop the bottom halves of rolls. Spread roll tops with 1 tablespoon Cumin Mayo. Add roll tops. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To broil, place half of the vegetables on the rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning once. Remove vegetables; keep warm. Repeat with remaining vegetables. To toast rolls under broiler, place, cut side up, on broiler pan; broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a blender container or food processor bowl, combine refrigerated or frozen egg product, lime juice, garlic, cumin seed, and salt. Cover and blend or process a few seconds until combined. With the blender or processor running, gradually add salad oil in a thin, steady stream. When necessary, stop machine and scrape down sides of the container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 1 cup (16, 1-tablespoon servings.)
Easy Cumin Mayo
- In a small mixing bowl combine light mayonnaise dressing, lime juice, garlic, and cumin seed. Store, covered, in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Makes about 1 cup (16, 1-tablespoon servings.)
Nutrition Facts (Sizzling Vegetable Sandwiches)
- Per serving:
- 405 kcal cal.,
- 25 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 347 mg sodium,
- 40 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet