- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly brush a baking sheet with oil; sprinkle with cornmeal. Set aside.
- Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface. Carefully stretch or roll dough into a 13x10-inch rectangle. Arrange ham slices on dough to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Layer spinach and turkey on cheese. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese, the sweet pepper, and olives. Starting from a long side, roll up dough. Pinch seam and ends to seal.
- Place loaf, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg. Using a sharp knife, cut slits in top for steam to escape. Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
- Slice loaf into serving-size portions. Wrap each portion in foil and place in a freezer bag. Seal, label, and freeze for up to 1 month.
- To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place the foil-wrapped portions on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Simple Stromboli)
- Per serving:
- 422 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 188 mg chol.,
- 1335 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Angelique Lorence 954 Days Ago
I shared this recipe on my blog and just love it! You can find my meal plan here: http://www.thepiggytoes.com/2015/01/05/january-meal-plan/