teaspoons olive oil
13.8 ounce package refrigerated pizza dough
ounces thinly sliced cooked ham
cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
cup fresh baby spinach or torn fresh spinach leaves
ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey
cup chopped red and/or yellow sweet pepper
cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly brush a baking sheet with oil; sprinkle with cornmeal. Set aside.
- Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface. Carefully stretch or roll dough into a 13x10-inch rectangle. Arrange ham slices on dough to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Layer spinach and turkey on cheese. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese, the sweet pepper, and olives. Starting from a long side, roll up dough. Pinch seam and ends to seal.
- Place loaf, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg. Using a sharp knife, cut slits in top for steam to escape. Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
- Slice loaf into serving-size portions. Wrap each portion in foil and place in a freezer bag. Seal, label, and freeze for up to 1 month.
- To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place the foil-wrapped portions on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts(Simple Stromboli)
- Per serving:
- 422 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 188 mg chol.,
- 1335 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet