- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 2 pita quarters each
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
Salad Nicoise on Flatbread
ounces fresh green beans, trimmed (if desired) and cut into 1-inch-long pieces (about 1 cup)
12 ounce can chunk white or light tuna (water pack), drained and flaked
cup halved cherry tomatoes
cup chopped pitted nicoise or kalamata olives
cup finely chopped sweet onion (such as Vidalia, Walla Walla, or Maui)
tablespoons chopped fresh mint
tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoons olive oil
teaspoon ground black pepper
cups packaged mesclun (mixed salad greens)
Greek pita flatbreads
short wooden skewers
Cherry tomatoes and fresh mint leaves
- In a covered medium saucepan, cook green beans in boiling water about 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water; drain again.
- Place green beans in a large bowl. Stir in tuna, the 1 cup cherry tomatoes, the 1/3 cup olives, the onion, and the 2 tablespoons mint. Add lemon juice, oil, and pepper; toss to combine. Stir in mesclun.
- To serve, cut pita flatbreads in half crosswise. Cut each pita half in half horizontally. Fill each pita half with about 1/2 cup of the tuna mixture. On each of the wooden skewers, thread a whole cherry tomato, a whole olive, and a mint leaf. Spear each serving with a skewer.
Nutrition Facts (Salad Nicoise on Flatbread)
- Per serving:
- 210 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 24 mg chol.,
- 527 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBread Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Fish and Seafood Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Fish and Seafood Recipes, Fourth of July Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Potato Salad Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Salad Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Shellfish Recipes, Summer Salad Recipes, Tomato Salad Recipes, Tuna Casseroles