All the ingredients of the ever-popular Reuben sandwich -- corned beef, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese -- top this tasty pizza.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 30 mins to 35 mins 375°F
16 ounce frozen whole wheat bread dough, thawed
cup Thousand Island salad dressing
cups shredded Swiss cheese (8 ounces)
ounces thinly sliced cooked corned beef
8 ounce can sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
teaspoon caraway seed
Dill pickle slices, chopped (optional)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll bread dough into a 14-inch circle. Transfer to a greased 13-inch pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Prick generously with a fork. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown.
- Spread half of the salad dressing over hot crust. Sprinkle with half of the Swiss cheese. Arrange corned beef over cheese. Drizzle remaining salad dressing over corned beef. Top with sauerkraut and remaining Swiss cheese. Sprinkle with caraway seed.
- Bake about 10 minutes more or until cheese melts and pizza is heated through. Top with chopped dill pickle, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Reuben Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 474 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 69 mg chol.,
- 724 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet