Red Beans and Rice Burgers
- In a medium bowl coarsely mash beans with a potato masher or fork. Stir in onion, celery, bread crumbs, cilantro, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Stir in rice.
- Shape the bean mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Preheat a grill pan or large skillet over medium heat. Add patties to pan or skillet. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through, turning patties once.
- Serve burgers on toasted hamburger buns with light mayonnaise, spinach, tomato, and/or red onion, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (Red Beans and Rice Burgers)
- Per serving:
- 253 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- 392 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 12 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet