Pressure Cooker Sloppy Joes
pounds lean ground beef
cup chopped onion (1 large)
cup chopped green sweet pepper
clove garlic, minced
cup regular rolled oats
tablespoon brown sugar
14 1/2 ounce can stewed tomatoes
tablespoons yellow mustard
tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- In a 4- or 6-quart pressure cooker cook ground beef, onion, sweet pepper, and garlic over medium heat until meat is browned.
- Add the oats, brown sugar, undrained tomatoes, water, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Lock lid in place. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe (if you have a first-generation cooker). Over high heat, bring cooker up to pressure. Reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure and pressure regulator rocks gently; cook for 8 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure. Carefully remove lid. For a thicker consistency, return to boiling and simmer, uncovered, until thickened.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the ground beef mixture onto each roll. Makes 12 servings (6 cups of meat).
From the Test Kitchen
Cool meat mixture. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Reheat in saucepan on rangetop, stirring frequently. Toast rolls and serve as above.
Nutrition Facts(Pressure Cooker Sloppy Joes)
- Per serving:
- 351 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 48 mg chol.,
- 513 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet