Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
pound pork tenderloin
teaspoon onion powder or garlic powder
tablespoon milk or water
cup finely crushed rich round crackers (about 24) or 3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
tablespoon cooking oil
hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls, split and toasted
Mustard, catsup, onion slices, dill pickle slices, and/or roasted red sweet peppers (optional)
- Cut pork crosswise into 4 slices. With a meat mallet, pound each pork slice between plastic wrap to 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a shallow bowl combine flour, onion or garlic powder, and pepper. In another shallow bowl combine egg and milk or water. In a third bowl place crushed crackers or bread crumbs. Dip each pork slice into the flour mixture, coating well, then into the egg mixture, and then into the crumbs to coat.
- In a large skillet cook 2 pork slices in hot oil over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until pork is done, turning once. (Or cook on a well-greased griddle.) Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining slices, adding more oil, if necessary.
- Place on buns. If desired, serve with mustard, catsup, onion, pickle, and/or peppers. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches)
- Per serving:
- 405 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 114 mg chol.,
- 477 mg sodium,
- 40 g carb.,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet