Picnic Hot Dog Platter
- Pierce uncooked sausages all over with a fork or cut several shallow crosswise slits in each uncooked sausage.
- In a grill with a cover arrange preheated coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Grill uncooked sausages on grill rack above the drip pan turning once for 20 to 25 minutes or until brown and a thermometer registers 170 degrees F. Grill frankfurters and cooked sausages on grill rack above the drip pan for 10 minutes or until brown and a thermometer registers 165 degrees F, turning once. Place in buns and top with desired mustards and condiments. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Nutrition facts per frankfurter, bun, and about 1 tablespoon Tart Apple Mustard.
Bacon Brown-Sugar Mustard
- In a small bowl stir together yellow mustard, crisp-cooked bacon, and brown sugar. Cover; refrigerate overnight to blend flavors before serving. Store any remaining mustard in the refrigerator up to 2 days. Makes 1 cup.
Tart Apple Mustard
- In a small bowl stir together honey mustard, shredded green apple, and ground black pepper. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours to blend flavors before serving. Store any remaining mustard in the refrigerator up to 24 hours. Makes about 2/3 cup.
Early Girl Tomato Mustard
- In a small bowl stir together creamy Dijon-style mustard blend and dry mustard until well combined. Gently stir in tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Makes about 2/3 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Picnic Hot Dog Platter)
- Per serving:
- 281 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 24 mg chol.,
- 757 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet