- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 12 ounce boneless beef rib eye steak
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium red or green sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 French rolls or hoagie buns, split
- 4 ounces thinly sliced cheddar cheese
1. Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice beef across the grain into bite-size strips. In a 10-inch skillet melt margarine or butter; add onions and pepper. Cover and cook over medium-low heat about 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove onion-pepper mixture from skillet with a slotted spoon. If necessary, add additional margarine to skillet. Add beef; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until done.
3. To serve, spread rolls open face on a baking sheet. Divide beef and onion-pepper mixture among rolls. Top with cheese. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 484,
- Fat, total (g) 25,
- chol. (mg) 81,
- sat. fat (g) 10,
- carb. (g) 34,
- pro. (g) 30,
- sodium (mg) 615,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet