- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 pound grilled tuna steaks, cooled slightly, skinned, and broken into chunks* (2-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 red sweet pepper, cut into thin strips (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 yellow sweet pepper, cut into thin strips (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh snow pea pods, trimmed and cut diagonally in half
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise dressing
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 4 slices country-style Italian bread, halved and toasted
- 8 thin tomato slices
- Leaf lettuce
- Fresh basil sprigs
1. Combine tuna, red and yellow sweet pepper, snow pea pods, and green onion in a large bowl. Gently toss to mix.
2. For dressing, stir together mayonnaise dressing, lemon peel, lemon juice, and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Add tuna and vegetable mixture and basil, tossing gently to coat.
3. To assemble sandwiches, layer half of the toasted bread slices with tuna salad, tomato slices, lettuce leaves, and remaining bread slices. Secure with wooden picks. If desired, garnish with fresh basil sprigs. Makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 2-1/2 meat.
- Combine tuna and vegetables; cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 298,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 47,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 24,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 33,
- vit. A (RE) 865,
- vit. C (mg) 55,
- sodium (mg) 482,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet