Bacon & Blue Cheese Dinner Pies
8 1/2 ounce package corn muffin mix
teaspoon chili powder
egg, lightly beaten
cup blue cheese crumbles
large Golden Delicious apple, cored and thinly sliced
Fresh thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease two baking sheets or line with parchment paper; set aside. In a skillet cook bacon until crisp. Drain; reserve 2 tablespoons drippings. Chop bacon.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine muffin mix, flour, chili powder, egg, and milk with a fork. Use your hands to knead dough until it comes together. Divide dough into four portions. Place two portions on each prepared baking sheet and press to 6-inch circles using floured hands.
- Top each circle with half of the cheese and a layer of apple slices, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold edges around apple slices, using floured hands if necessary. Brush apples and crust with 1 to 2 tablespoons reserved bacon drippings.
- Place baking sheets on separate oven racks. Bake for 10 minutes. Top each pie with remaining blue cheese and the bacon; return to separate racks and bake for 5 to 7 minutes more until edges are golden. If desired, sprinkle with thyme.
Nutrition Facts(Bacon & Blue Cheese Dinner Pies)
- Per serving:
- 524 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 79 mg chol.,
- 890 mg sodium,
- 72 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet