- Line a baking sheet or tray with waxed paper. In a large microwave-safe bowl combine marshmallow creme and peanut butter. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 30 seconds or until mixture is slightly softened; stirring once. Stir in powdered sugar, the 3/4 cup finely chopped peanuts, and the corn syrup until well combined.
- Shape the peanut butter mixture into 1-inch balls. Place balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl microwave white baking pieces and shortening on 50 percent power (medium) about 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring twice.
- Using a fork, dip balls into melted mixture, allowing excess mixture to drip back into bowl. Return balls to the prepared baking sheet. If desired, sprinkle truffles with additional finely chopped peanuts and/or chocolate sprinkles. Let stand until set. If necessary, chill to set. Place truffles in gift container; cover.
From the Test Kitchen
Place truffles in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts (Salted-Nut Truffles)
- Per serving:
- 107 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 42 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet