- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup lightly salted cocktail peanuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons light-color corn syrup
- 2 cups white baking pieces or milk chocolate pieces
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Finely chopped cocktail peanuts and/or chocolate-flavored sprinkles (jimmies) (optional)
1. Line a baking sheet or tray with waxed paper. In a large microwave-safe bowl combine marshmallow creme and peanut butter. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 30 seconds or until mixture is slightly softened; stirring once. Stir in powdered sugar, the 3/4 cup finely chopped peanuts, and the corn syrup until well combined.
2. Shape the peanut butter mixture into 1-inch balls. Place balls on the prepared baking sheet.
3. In a small microwave-safe bowl microwave white baking pieces and shortening on 50 percent power (medium) about 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring twice.
4. Using a fork, dip balls into melted mixture, allowing excess mixture to drip back into bowl. Return balls to the prepared baking sheet. If desired, sprinkle truffles with additional finely chopped peanuts and/or chocolate sprinkles. Let stand until set. If necessary, chill to set. Place truffles in gift container; cover.
- Place truffles in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Servings Per Recipe 56,
- cal. (kcal) 107,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 12,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 2,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1,
- sugar (g) 10,
- pro. (g) 2,
- Niacin (mg) 1,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 4,
- sodium (mg) 42,
- Potassium (mg) 44,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Mark as Free Exchange () 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet