Salted Dark Chocolate-Almond Bark
- Line a large baking sheet with heavy foil; grease foil. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl combine candy coating, dark chocolate, and shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring every 30 seconds. Pour chocolate mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread mixture evenly in a layer about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with the almonds; lightly press into chocolate mixture. Sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Chill candy about 30 minutes or until firm. Use foil to lift candy. Cut or break into pieces.
From the Test Kitchen
Caramel Chocolate-Almond Bark:
Prepare as directed, except combine 7 ounces vanilla caramels (1/2 of a 14-ounce package), unwrapped, and 1 tablespoon milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until caramel melts, stirring every 30 seconds. Before sprinkling chocolate mixture with almonds, drizzle melted caramel over top. Chill as directed. Use a sharp knife to cut candy into pieces.
Layer candy between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts (Salted Dark Chocolate-Almond Bark)
- Per serving:
- 161 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 1 mg chol. ,
- 49 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.